Protect Your Data and Identity
Keeping your personal or business data safe and secure is of the utmost importance. In today's environment, there are people who strive to gather personal and business information to make illegal profits. They gather stolen information, change the identity and leave you with the debt. Make sure that your home or business computer has ID theft protection by calling Montgomery Texas Computer Repair. We are located in Montgomery, Texas and serve surrounding cities such as The Woodlands, Spring, Tomball, Willis, Conroe and surrounding areas.
Common Security Vulnerabilities
The incidents of ID theft have taken a dramatic turn for the worse over the past 5 to 10 years. Many people just do not understand the need for securing their computers and how to go about it. That is why it is essential to have Montgomery Computer Repair inspect your home or business computer systems to eliminate vulnerabilities. Some of the most common vulnerabilities that we have run across include:
Unsecured Computer This is probably the most common problem. Homes and businesses that use unsecured wireless connections are open to thieves. All they have to do is sit outside of your home or business and connect to your computer or server. You may think that it is password protected, but these clever people know where to look for passwords to get to your vital information.
A Large Volume of Web Browsing Everybody browses the web, but did you know that when you do, it can leave traces of your identity for thieves to grab onto? Massive browsing can also slow your computer down.
Old Donated Computers
One of the best ways to get rid of a computer is to donate it, but did you know that you could be donating a lot of personal or business information? Clever thieves know how to go back into a computer and look through it to find old directories and files. If you are donating or discarding your old computer system, let us remove the hard drive for you and either give it to you, or destroy it to insure that all of your data is beyond recovery by anyone, including by a private or Governmental entity.
Tips for Securing Your Data
As you can see, it is easy for crooks to get information that they can use. Proper procedures and protection is enormously important to keep your information and identity safe. Let the professionals at Montgomery Computer Repair come to your home or business today and ensure that all of your computer systems are secure. There are a number of tips that you can use in your everyday life to help keep ID thieves at bay. They include:
- Ensure That Sensitive Information is Password Protected
- Change Passwords on a Regular Basis
- Never Set Your System to "Remember My Password" on your browsers
- Try Your Best to Remember Passwords, never write them down or if you must, write down password hints to help you remember them, we are not getting any younger!
- Purchase or use free but tested Anti-Virus Software and Always Update It
- Keep Operating System Software Updated
- Install A Firewall
- Secure Your Wireless Networks
- Avoid Phishing Emails
- Take Precautions When Using Internet Connections at Coffee Shops, Restaurants, Etc.
- Never Give Personal Information Out on the Internet on Sites That You Do Not Trust
- Do not leave your hard drive in your computer when you donate it or throw it away, call Montgomery Texas Computer Repair today and we will explain exactly why this is a big no no.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about preventing ID theft through your home or business computers, give Montgomery Computer Repair a call at 936-788-8412
or email us. We will send one of our technicians out to examine your computer system and make the needed recommendations to keep your identity safe and secure.